What an amazing feeling last week’s Friday Freebie gave me- warm and fuzzy and all that good stuff. So many little snippets of positive feedback and all those blue thumbs on Facebook. I played with my Year 4s today who loved it (after I had explained who the main characters of Pride and Prejudice are). If you didn’t catch last week’s Friday Freebie you can get it here. If you loved the game and want the other version too (where live, fave food and fave hobby) click here.
I’m sticking with the theme and sending the pupils on a speed dating mission. No romancing necessary but lots of conversing in the language of love! Here’s the set up:
- Show the PowerPoint slide with 8 questions.
- Show model answers on the second slide.
- Consolidate with short comprehension match up (match 8 questions to 8 answers)
- Distribute cards.
- Pupils stand up and circulate as you play some French music.
- When music stops they answer as many questions as possible and jot down their partner’s answers on their card.
- Extend by getting pupils to write out their own answers to the questions.
- Extend further by allowing them to answer as if they were one of the people from the matching hearts activity (or any well known person).
If you would like to purchase the Valentine’s bundle (£3 on TES for a PowerPoint; the full matching hearts game and a Valentine’s card) click here. Or scroll down for the freebie.
Happy speed dating!
Click Le speed-dating for your Speed dating Freebie.
PS. I have added a few more resources to my website- please take a quick look– they are cheaper here than on TES! Look out for discount codes in next week’s Friday Freebie.